Re: Compilation Error AIX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Compilation Error AIX
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:33:59AM -0600, Hiltibidal, Robert wrote:

> I am getting this error

You really need to take questions about compiling to the -general
list.  I've put a Reply-To to that list, and have moved this
discussion there.  Also, it's really not a good idea to send emails
to individuals whose addresses you've pulled from the lists.

To begin with, what gcc version are you using?

Also, I see you're using the IBM "make".  Don't do that.  You need to
use gmake.  This instruction is in the documentation.  I think you
really need to read the docs.

Regards,

> make -C port all
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend/port'
>
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
> -I../../../src/include   -c -o dynloader.o dynloader.c
>
> In file included from /usr/include/xcoff.h:134,
>
>                  from /usr/include/a.out.h:42,
>
>                  from dynloader.c:10:
>
> /usr/local/include/dbug.h:38: error: syntax error before '_VARARGS'
>
> make[3]: *** [dynloader.o] Error 1
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend/port'
>
> make[2]: *** [port-recursive] Error 2
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src/backend'
>
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/db2/logs/downloads/postgres/postgresql-8.2.1/src'
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> I found this reference on the IBM web site. The article says:
>
> "GNU C Compiler (GCC) returns an error message if you try to #include
> varargs.h. Use stdarg.h instead."
>

> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/eserver/articles/linux_s390/
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks!
>
> -Rob
>

> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
> This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual
orentity named above.  If the reader of the email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
fordelivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination or copying of this
emailtransmission is strictly prohibited by the sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
theemail and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or mailto:postmaster@argushealth.com.  Thank
you.

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what