XML type in PostgreSQL 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject XML type in PostgreSQL 8.3
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
PostgreSQL 8.3 will come with a native xml type and support functions.
It would be nice if the JDBC driver could also make the appropriate
additions for handling this type.  Java 6 adds the java.sql.SQLXML
interface to encapsulate values of that type, along with
ResultSet.getSQLXML and so on.  Documentation is here:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/SQLXML.html

The xml type in PostgreSQL CVS head should be fully functional to the
extent that one would need for developing this support.  Initial
documentation is here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/datatype-xml.html

Maybe someone wants to tackle this, or at least make a note of it for
the future.  Let me know how I can help.

--
Peter Eisentraut