Coercion in PGSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Max Ueda
Subject Coercion in PGSQL?
Date
Re: Coercion in PGSQL?  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Re: Coercion in PGSQL?  ("Filip Rembiałkowski" <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've been wondering with some wrong results that are
being returned from some functions in my application.
Basically, they are algebraic functions dealing with
int values.

Some results made me think of coercion between int
types. For example, atributing a int8 value into a
int2 variable. Does it really happen (coercion)? Is
the int8 value automatically converted into int2, or
an error should be returned in that case?

Thanks in advance

Max Ueda