Re: xlog lockup patch (was: BUG #2712: could not fsync - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From TANIDA Yutaka
Subject Re: xlog lockup patch (was: BUG #2712: could not fsync
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:33:33 -0500 (EST)
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Thomas H. wrote:
> > me wrote:
> > > i've loaded 1gb of data without any xlog-problems, whereas with the 8.2b2
> > > executable it locked up after ~100mb. the xlog-files are cycling...
> > >
> > > if i need to test for some specific behaviour let me know.
> >
> > what's the status on this patch for inclusion in future 8.2 builds? would be
> > nice to see it in b4 or rc1...
>
> This was fixed the day after we packaged beta3:
>
>     revision 1.44
>     date: 2006/11/08 20:12:05;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines: +20 -48
>     Change Windows rename and unlink substitutes so that they time out after
>     30 seconds instead of retrying forever.  Also modify xlog.c so that if
>     it fails to rename an old xlog segment up to a future slot, it will
>     unlink the segment instead.  Per discussion of bug #2712, in which it
>     became apparent that Windows can handle unlinking a file that's being
>     held open, but not renaming it.
>
> beta4 will have the fix.

Are there any plan to  backport this patch for 8.1/8.0 server ?

My customer has same problem in 8.1.5 , but this bug doesn't seems to
be fixed in 8.1.6 .

Backport patch for 8.1.6 attached.

Sorry for replying old mail.

--