Upgrading Win from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 failed? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Mike G
Subject Upgrading Win from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 failed?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I downloaded 1.6.2 today, unzipped it, and then ran the upgrade.bat file since I had
1.6.1 installed.

After rebooting the initial graphic that displays when opening pgadmin (same as the
help->about graphic), still displays the version as 1.6.1

1.6.1 was installed as part of the postgresql-8.2 installation.

Was the graphic not updated for 1.6.2?  Maybe the upgrade.bat only works if the previous
version was installed using the standalone pgadmin installer?

Checking the pgadminIII.exe file in my postgres/bin directory it is stamped with a date
of 11/30 so I assume that the upgrade failed.

No README.txt or similiar was included to indicate the above wouldn't work.

I ran the regular install file and now have both 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 installed on my system.

Perhaps this should be a feature request?

Mike