Re: SQLSTATE not updated in ecpg program. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ken Jennings
Subject Re: SQLSTATE not updated in ecpg program.
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Thursday 28 December 2006 07:34, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 11:26:09PM -0500, Ken Jennings wrote:
> > A simple test program compiled with ecpg worked fine for 8.1.5
> > which can be found here:
> > http://www.kenjennings.cc/st/prg/ux/test_pgc.tar.gz The program does
> > simple error checking using sqlca.sqlstate which the postgres docs
> > (31.11.2) suggest is preferable to sqlca.sqlcode.
>
> Could you please upload a tarball that contains the sources and the
> makefile and not the RCS archive which this one seems to be? I will have
> a look at it asap.

I extracted all the source files:
http://www.kenjennings.cc/st/prg/ux/test_pgc_src.tar.gz

This is an alternate version of the program with debugging where I dump the
contents of all the useful elements of sqlca.  The file output.txt shows the
output of a couple runs (on 8.2.0):
http://www.kenjennings.cc/st/prg/ux/test_pgc_new_src.tar.gz

Thanks,
Ken Jennings