Re: windows - silent uninstall question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: windows - silent uninstall question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 05:42:05PM -0500, Amit Mody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am packaging the postgres database in my application and for this I
> need to do a silent install and uninstall, the msiexec for install works
> great. Is there a similar utility for uninstall. If not, are there any
> other options to achieve this??

you can use the standard msiexec parameters for this. Either:
msiexec /x postgresql-8.2-int.msi

Or
msiexec /x {guid}

(sorry, can't remember the guid offhand, but it's in the installer
source or in the registry on a machine where it's installed)

//Magnus