Re: Let's play bash the search engine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Let's play bash the search engine
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:35:57AM +1030, Shane Ambler wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >You get this if you go into say the 8.2 docs, and use the search form
> >there - same as before.
>
> I would search from the home page rather than navigate to docs first.
> (open browser - type postgres.org (enter) - tab to search field - type
> whattofind (enter)

Yeah, I can see how that's a common usage pattern.

> >That said, it's not a bad idea to add it anyway, but so far the main
> >concern has been feature-identical to what we had before.
>
> It would seem to be one of those 'accept it as it is' when you get here,
> and now that you ask us to look we say 'but why?' ;-)

Heh, it was actually Josh that asked you to look ;)

But seriously, I'm definitly interested in ways it can be improved - and
that's true of the whole web team, I'm sure. It was just my way of
saying "it will take a while", but I'll file it away as a good thing to
do when there is a moment of spare time.

//Magnus