Re: a question for the way-back machine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: a question for the way-back machine
Date
Re: a question for the way-back machine  ("Gurjeet Singh" <singh.gurjeet@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 09:35:47AM -0800, Ben wrote:
> Interesting. Is that plan cached for the life of the session doing the
> inserts, the life of the trigger, or until the database is restarted?

Duration of a session, there is no support to cache a plan for any other
period.

> I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get the plan to re-cache, without
> making it entirely dynamic.

I don't think you can. Restarting the connection should be enough.

Have a ncie day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment