Re: Something wrong with binding timestamp values - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Something wrong with binding timestamp values
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Am Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2006 15:38 schrieb Mark Lewis:
> It's to work around the fact that JDBC only knows about one Timestamp
> type, while PG knows about more.  It ends up being better in most cases
> to send the type as unknown and let the server disambiguate to the
> correct type than to guess about the type and maybe guess wrong.

OK, I found out that it used to bind such values as timestamptz, which failed
when the receiving type was a timestamp (without time zone).  But it should
work the other way around, namely binding them as timestamp without time
zone, because that can be casted implicitly to timestamptz.

--
Peter Eisentraut