Re: ECPGttype/OID - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPGttype/OID
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:15:49AM +0100, Pawel Hudak wrote:
> I'm a little confused regarding type enumerations/defines.
>
> There is set of OID defines in pg_type.h.

These define the OIDs used in the database itself.

> But there is also file ecpgtype.h which contains enumeration ECPGttype.

These define the numbers used by ecpg to define its datatypes.

> Is there any mapping between OID and ECPGttype?

No. Well not really. ECPG does have a few conversion routines it needs
internally, but a full fledged mapping doesn't really exist. But then
you probably don't need one because the client-server conversation is
done in ascii most of the time and ecpg takes care of all the
conversions needed.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes