Re: little anoyance with configure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: little anoyance with configure
Date
Re: little anoyance with configure
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:44:46PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> ohp@pyrenet.fr writes:
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> Second thought ... it's interpreting the '-' as an option?  Does this
> >> work:
> >> ... | tr 'a_b' 'a-b'
>
> > YES!
>
> Patch applied per Peter's suggestion.

Doesn't that do something entirely different? The original purpose was
to convert underscores to hyphens, but it's doing something else
entirely.

$ echo test_string | tr 'a_b' 'a-b'
testbstring

On my system I need to at least escape the hyphen again:

$ echo test_string | tr 'a_b' 'a\-b'
test-string

Character classes didn't do it for me: [_] -> [-]

Have a nice day,