Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix some translator comments so that xgettext finds them and - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix some translator comments so that xgettext finds them and
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I looked at the first URL diff.  How is the pgindent output poor?

xgettext extracts comments if the first token of the comment is the tag
we choose ("translator").  But if the comment is formatted like

/** translator: first %s is name of a SQL* construct, eg ORDER BY*/

then the first token of the comment is actually the second "*", so
xgettext doesn't take it.

So we'd need a way for those comments to not be formatted that way.

--
Peter Eisentraut