Re: backend crash following load command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: backend crash following load command
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 03:23:36PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd suggest putting together a simple stand-alone test case and filing
> a bug report against glibc.  You probably just need
>
>     dlopen(...);
>     system("cp -f over the .so file");
>     dlsym(...);

How can glibc do anything about this? dlopen() mmaps the .so into
memory and the cp overwrites what was mmaped, changing what is in
memory.

Ideally, the cp should fail with ETXTBSY, but that doesn't happen, so
what else can you do?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment