Re: BUG #2788: Create Function operator Broken? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: BUG #2788: Create Function operator Broken?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Shawn Tayler wrote:

> Bug reference:      2788
> Logged by:          Shawn Tayler
> Email address:      stayler@washoecounty.us
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.5
> Operating system:   Linux 2.6.17
> Details:
>
> I have been through the online DOC's the FAQ and can find nothing wrong with
> it.  So I am thinking its a bug.
>
> CREATE FUNCTION default_status() returns null AS

Do you mean returns void? I believe the issue is that returns null starts
the "returns null on null input" function attribute.

> 'BEGIN
> update status set wc to false, np to false, elk to false, sp1 to false,
> sp2 to false, wc_rep to false, np_rep to false, elk_rep to false, sp1_rep to
> false,
> sp2_rep to false;
> END;'
> language 'sql';

The above body isn't valid for an sql body as well.
Sql functions won't have a begin or end, and I don't think those "to"s
will be valid either.