Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Data transfer between databases over the Internet
Date
List pgsql-general
> John McCawley wrote:
> >I think I may not have described my problem clearly enough...I
> >*already* have a server-side app written in PHP with a Postgres
> >backend...This is the ultimate destination of the data.  The problem
> >is that I am being forced by my client to deploy a 3rd party app on
> >all of my field guys' laptops...This app (that I have NO ability to
> >modify) is set in stone, I cannot use a different one or modify it.  I
> >am trying to write an app client side that exports the data from the
> >.mdb backend of this 3rd party program and into my Postgres backend.
If that's really all you need you might just write a Python
script. Or do you need a frontend for the PostgreSQL data as
well ? If so it might still be useful to separate it from
the ex-/importer.

> >This needs to work over the Internet, as my guys are not necessarily
> >on my LAN.
No problem. I'd just make sure it works over an encrypted
pipe (as you said) - be it ssh or ssl.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346