Re: Data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Data
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 22 November 2006 03:16 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> I had an access violation which corrupted the PostgreSQL server to the
> point that it would not open.
>
> I took the opportunity to upgrade to version 8.1.
>
> Is there a way of retreiving the project in the old version and opening it
> in the new version without reinstalling the 8.0 version for a pgdump?
>
> Bob Pawley

Off hand I would say no. The 8.0 server needs to be running in order for
pg_dump to make a connection and retrieve the data.. Transferring the binary
files will not work because of the version difference. Even if you could copy
the files I would hesitate because of the corruption issue.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net