Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shelby Cain
Subject Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm guessing that is an Oracle-ism for the sql DISTINCT keyword.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

----- Original Message ----
From: Wm.A.Stafford <stafford@marine.rutgers.edu>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 2:13:13 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier

I hope the subject says it all.  I'm porting an Oracle-centric
application to PostgreSQL and the Oracle sql is full of the 'unique'
qualifier.  I'm assuming PostgreSQL does not support 'unique' since
don't see a 'unique' anywhere in the PostgreSQL docs.  Is there a
substitute or a technique to get the same result?

Thanks,
-=bill stafford

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Sponsored Link

Don't quit your job - take classes online
www.Classesusa.com