Re: phpPgAdmin, cannot connect to server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: phpPgAdmin, cannot connect to server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 18 November 2006 21:44, John Meyer wrote:
> John Meyer wrote:
> > Okay, I read the FAQ.
> >
> > I looked at my postgresql.conf file and didn't see "#tcpip_socket" set,
> > either to true or false.
> >
> > I'm also attaching the tail of the log, even though I could connect to
> > the database using the command line client.
> > 2006-11-18 19:27:22 MST jmeyer jmeyer LOG:  could not connect to Ident
> > server at address "127.0.0.1", port 113: Connection refused 2006-11-18
> > 19:27:22 MST jmeyer jmeyer FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user
<snip>

Most likely your problem is that your webserver isnt running as user jmeyer
which your current ident config would require.  You can either reconfigure
the web server, reconfigure your ident setup, or change your authentication
method in postgresql.  HTH.

--
Robert Treat