Re: hi may i know y am i getting this error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: hi may i know y am i getting this error
Date
List pgsql-sql
am  Fri, dem 17.11.2006, um 15:15:25 +0530 mailte Penchalaiah P. folgendes:
> Hi
>
> When I am executing my function its giving error.. first time its running
> properly.. but when I am executing second time I am getting error
>
> create or replace function irla_punching_medium_insert1(in_proj_code
> numeric,in_pt_code varchar,in_mon_abs date) returns varchar as'
>
> create table dummy_table without oids as

> drop table dummy_table;
> end;
>
> 'language'plpgsql';

PG caches the plan for this function and runs in an error, because it
believes the second time, that this table has the oid from the first
run.

You can rewrite your function and use EXECUTE for such statements
(create and drop table). This might be helpful, but i'm not sure.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)