Re: Slow SELECT on three or more clients - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andreas Kostyrka
Subject Re: Slow SELECT on three or more clients
Date
List pgsql-performance
* AMIR FRANCO D. JOVEN <amir@digi.ph> [061115 12:44]:
> Hi!
>
> Im new to PostgreSQL.
>
> My current project uses PostgreSQL 7.3.4.
Ancient. Upgrade it, especially if it's a new database.

> the problem is like this:
>
> I have a table with 94 fields and a select with only one resultset in only
> one client consumes about 0.86 seconds.
> The client executes three 'select' statements to perform the task which
> consumes 2.58 seconds.
> With only one client this is acceptable, but the real problem is as i add
> more clients, it goes more and more slower.
That depends upon:
a) your table schema.
b) the data in the tables. E.g. how big are rows, how many rows.
c) the size of the result sets.
d) your indexes?

Andreas