hiding column values for specific rows - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Luca Ferrari
Subject hiding column values for specific rows
Date
Re: hiding column values for specific rows
List pgsql-sql
Hi,
I don't know if this's possible but I'd like to hide column values for
specific rows within a query. Imagine I've got a table with columns username
and password: users(username,password). Now I'd like the user registered in
the table to see her password, to see who is registered but not to see the
other people passwords. For example, if the table contains:
username  | password
--------------+-------------
luca            | myPaswd
roberto       | otherPaswd
gianna        | thirdPaswd

I'd like to do a query like: "SELECT * FROM users where username=luca"
obtaining something like:
username  | password
luca            | myPaswd
roberto       | xxxxx
gianna        | XXXXX

Is it possible to specify in the above query that all password columns that do
not belong to selected row (username=luca) must be hidden? Anyone has an idea
about how to implement this on the database side?

Thanks,
Luca