Problems changing column attribute - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kuckuck Kuckuck
Subject Problems changing column attribute
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi folks, I have been breaking my head over this.
I logg in as testuser via pgadmin.
I create a table as user 'testuser' added some columns, one of them for example is name: 'testcolumn' type: varchar length: 50
Now I'd like to change testcolumn's length to 60, as user 'testuser' I'm not allowed to change it and pgadmin tells me  that I don't have the rights to change relation pg_attribute.

If I change the length of  'testcolumn' from an admin account it works. Now I granted all priviliges for this table to user 'testuser' via the admin account, but still I cannot change the length if I log in with 'testuser'.

Is there any chance to grant some user (in my case 'testuser') the right to change attributes, without making him superuser?

Thanks St.

Keine Lust auf Tippen? Rufen Sie Ihre Freunde einfach an.
Yahoo! Messenger. Jetzt installieren .