Re: Setting "nice" values - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Brox
Subject Re: Setting "nice" values
Date
List pgsql-performance
[Madison Kelly - Mon at 08:10:12AM -0500]
> to run, which puts it into your "drawback" section. The server in
> question is also almost under load of some sort, too.
>
> A great tip and one I am sure to make use of later, thanks!

I must have been sleepy, listing up "cons" vs "drawbacks" ;-)

Anyway, the central question is not the size of the job, but the size of
the transactions within the job - if the job consists of many
transactions, "my" test can be run before every transaction.  Having
transactions lasting for hours is a very bad thing to do, anyway.