Re: problem accessing a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: problem accessing a database
Date
List pgsql-general
am  Fri, dem 03.11.2006, um 15:36:04 +0100 mailte Luca Ferrari folgendes:
> Hi all,
> I've got a database on a server that can be accessed thru the user wwwrun with
> no password. Now I'd like to copy it on my laptop, so I created the wwwrun
> (with no password) and thru pg_dump and pg_restore I copied the database on
> the laptop. The problem is that on the latter I'm unable to log as wwwrun, I
> got:
> [luca@fluca:~]$ psql -U wwwrun
> psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "wwwrun"
>
> What should I change on my laptop to get the database working?

The settings in your pg_hba.conf.
This file contains comments, read this to understand the proper content.
I guess, you want change the method to trust.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)