Re: pg_proc Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: pg_proc Question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:57:28AM -0500, Oisin Glynn wrote:
> I have named all my functions in a pretty unique way and would like to
> export just my functions. Is there any way to move just these  functions
> from one db to another.has anyone got a clever piece of SQL that spits
> out ddl from a select on pg_proc?  Or could I use the copy command on
> pg_proc to spit my functions to file and then copy them into the new db?
> My issue is that I have allot of dblink and other things I do not want
> or need in the db and do not want to propagate this any further.

I would say the easiest is to use pg_dump and then filter the output.
It's simple enough for sed I think:

pg_dump database | sed -ne '/^CREATE FUNCTION tag/,/^--/p'

works well here... Replace tag with a pattern matching your functions.
If you're using pl/pgsql you may need to do something more clever with
the end marker...

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment