Re: postgres database crashed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashish Goel
Subject Re: postgres database crashed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
But the same code worked when I inserted around 2500 images in the database. After that it started crashing. So , I
don'tthink it's because of error in the code. Can u suggest some other possible reasons and also why is it crashing at
/><b><i>TomLane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us></i></b> wrote:<blockquote class="replbq" style="border-left: 2px solid
rgb(16,16, 255); margin-left: 5px; padding-left: 5px;"> Ashish Goel  writes:<br />> We have a following table xyz(
idint , fname varchar(50), img image)<br />> where image is a data type we have created similar to lo.<br />>
...<br/>> Can somebody suggest us what might be the cause of error and what can we do to resolve it ?<br /><br
/>Incorrectcode in your custom datatype, almost certainly. Check<br />computations of memory size allocations, for
/><p><hrsize="1" />How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com">
PC-to-Phonecall rates.</a>