Re: Disaster recovery: pg_class - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Enrico
Subject Re: Disaster recovery: pg_class
Date
List pgsql-admin
> I'm not convinced there's anything much there you need to fix.  You
> should look into why the filesystem seems to have lost part of your WAL
> file --- that strongly suggests that the disk or kernel is lying about
> write ordering, which will cause you problems eventually.  But this
> message per se will go away as soon as the WAL endpoint moves another
> 1.5Mb.  Unless there's other corruption elsewhere you'll be fine.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,
I think that the system crash is due to a ram failure,
my server doesn't start if is present a specific bank of ram,
and without it, it works fine.

I watched logs and in the /var/mail/postgres and I've seen this error that matchs in time with system crash.

pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551613

regards
Enrico

--
If Bill Gates had a penny for everytime Windows crashed,he'd be a multi-billionaire by now .......oh look, he already
is!!!!