Re: The improvement for psql of 8.2beta1 not - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: The improvement for psql of 8.2beta1 not
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yourfriend wrote:
>  According to the release notes of 8.2, the following item should have been
> implemented,
>
> E.1.3.11. psql<http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-psql.html>Changes
>
>    -
>
>    Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than one line at
>    a time (Sergey E. Koposov)
>
>    This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier.
>

> The test shows that it's OK under Linux (Slackware),  but malfunctioned on
> Windows XP.

Good point.  We don't use readline on Win32, but rather the native
command-line control, over which we have little control.  Update release
item text is:
     <listitem>      <para>       Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than       one line at a time
(SergeyE. Koposov)      </para>

      <para>       This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier.  (This is       not availble on Win32 because it
typicallyuses the native       command-line editing present in the operating system.)      </para>     </listitem>