Re: 8.1.4 compile problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Pundt
Subject Re: 8.1.4 compile problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Friday 29 September 2006 11:01, km wrote:
| i am compiling postgresql  8.1.4 on AMB x86_64 platform.
| configure runs fine but shows output  (snippet shown) as follows:
| checking for int8... no
| checking for uint8... no
| checking for int64... no
| checking for uint64... no

I'd say, this is expected output from configure. Configure is just a mechanism
to help constructing an abstraction for different types of OS (i.e. things
like "can we use this C type? Do we need to use another type instead?").

[...]
| how can i add int8,uint8,int64 and uint64 functionality into postgres ? are
| there any special flags that i am missing ?

The "smallint", "integer" and "bigint" types are available regardless of that
output from configure.

Ciao,
Thomas

--