Inserting & Retrieving Unicode with libpq - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Christopher Bland
Subject Inserting & Retrieving Unicode with libpq
Date
List pgsql-novice
I've been trying to figure out all day how to insert and retrieve
unicode data from my table? My database is defined as:

        List of databases
   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding
 mydata    | postgres | UTF8

The exported methods from libpq either accept char* as the input or
return char*. I would like to be able to pass in wchar_t* and return
wchar_t* parameters. Is this possible with the current libpq module?
I've tried using the 'wcstombs' function to convert wide chars to
multi-byte, but that hasn't been working for me (all of my data is wide
chars).

Any help or suggestions would be much apprecaited.