Multiple UNIX-domain sockets? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Fromme
Subject Multiple UNIX-domain sockets?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I need to run a postgresql server with multiple UNIX-domain
sockets, i.e. not just the one in /tmp.  Is that possible
at all?  According to the documentation, the syntax of
unix_socket_directory doesn't seem to allow it.

(I had the idea to create hardlinks to the socket in /tmp,
but unfortunately /tmp is a separate file system on a
memory disk, so it's not possible to create hardlinks to
somewhere else.)

Best regards
   Oliver

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.  However, this
is not necessarily a good idea.  It is hard to be sure where
they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting
under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925