Re: serial column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: serial column
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 24 September 2006 02:29 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> Choice a.
>
> I am using the numbers to identify devices.
>
> If a device is deleted or replaced with another type of device I want the
> numbering to still be sequential.
>
> Bob

Do you have some other way of tracking a device? I am just trying to figure
out how you know which device number 2 (as an example) you are looking at. I
am assuming these devices exist as actual entities. So are these numbers
applied to the actual device and if so are you going to be constantly
renumbering them?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net