Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2
Date
Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
I created a major features list for 8.2 and put it into CVS.  Instead of
going into detail (meaning the item would not appear in the "Changes"
section below, I just highlighted some of the big stuff, and was
purposely vague about the details, so people just have an overview of
what is below.

Let me know how it looks.

Simon's list below looks good, but it really has a lot of details,
particuarly it goes into use-cases for many of the features, and in fact
goes into more detail that we even have in the release notes now.  Is
that what people want?  My concern is that if we push too much
information, it is hard to see the actual features, i.e. if we say, "we
have feature X, and it is good for Y, Z, and Q" do people remember Y and
Z and forget X?

Again, I don't want to be the person writing these release notes, so I
am looking for feedback, good or bad.