Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2
Date
Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Usually the major items just jump out of the release list.  In this
case, nothing really jumped out, and I felt if I listed sereral, it was
going to look weak because they were not big things, so I figured I
would just go with the "broad" list.

The criteria I usually use are things that were not easy to do before.

Does the list below look good for inclusion?

I guess my point is that what we have now overwhelms people with the
number of small things we did.  If you try to put a few at the top, does
it diminish it because the top things are not large?

Or perhaps we can do more broad-stroke list items, like monitoring or
performance, as listed below.