Re: Odd behavior observed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Evans
Subject Re: Odd behavior observed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> Marc Evans <Marc@SoftwareHackery.Com> writes:
>> Any suggested tricks for seeing additional debug information or even
>> roaming through gdb, to try to figure this out?
>
> Is the problem reproducible enough that you can watch it under gdb?
> In that case it shouldn't be that hard to narrow it down.  I gathered
> from your original statement that you couldn't reproduce it reliably.
>
> I'd start with ExecInsert() and see if it's being passed correct info
> or not, then work backwards or forwards depending.

Yes, 100% reproducable within the context of that I have only seen it when
I have a pile of records. I have not come up with a simple-case
reproduction yet (the foo table for example), though it appears that you
may have.

I will dive into gdb and see what I can find. Thanks!

- Marc