Fwd: Help using user rights - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Valentin Militaru
Subject Fwd: Help using user rights
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a question regarding user rights.

I have one user in postgres8.01. which connects from a webserver and inserts

some data into a table. It only has INSERT access on that table.

ON the other hand, on the same table a have an after-insert trigger which

executes a function owned by a more powerful user.

My problem is that when I try to insert some data with the webserver user,

PostgreSQL wants that user to have access to all the relations used in the

trigger function.

Is there any way to avoid granting the light user with all those rigths?

Thank you very much!