Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Majordomo drops multi-line Subject:
Date
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> >>In any case I don't see any reason to let the broken software continue
> >>to be broken.  Surely there must be an updated version which corrects
> >>this bug?  A patch at least?  I mean, I can't be the only one
> >>complaining about it.
> >
> >Based on this thread, and the fact that you are the first to have ever
> >noticed/commented about it ... ya, you are the only one complaining
> >about it :)
>
> Honestly, it may be time we start looking at mailman.

Please don't, unless Majordomo is really broken and unfixed (i.e. there
isn't a newer version with the bug fixed).  What version are we running?
May I assume we are running a rather obsolete version?  Like the version
we are running of CVS, which doesn't support the usage of

LocalKeyword=PostgreSQL=CVSHeader
KeywordExpand=iPostgreSQL

in CVSROOT/config

which replaces the old, unsupported, broken hack of putting

tag=PostgreSQL=CVSHeader

in CVSROOT/options.  I've been wanting to propose an upgrade to that as
well.