Quotes for release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Quotes for release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

OK, I've solicited Sun, Apple, Unisys and OmniTI for quotes for the 8.2
release.   We may end up with Sun simply becuase I can reach an executive
at Sun and get a quote out of them, whereas both Unisys and Apple have
been fence-sitting about any public support for us.

Given Pervasive's shutdown, I think it's essential that we get the quote of
a Fortune 500 company on the release to show that we're still relevant.
So I don't think a quote from a startup or small consulting company is
equivalent.

If we do end up with Sun as the "suit" quote, then I'd like to have a
backup for OmniTi as the "8.2 features" quote, since OmniTi is a big
Solaris vendor and we don't want the release All About Sun.    Can anoyone
come up with another medium-to-high-profile PostgreSQL user who can be
enthusiastic about some/all 8.2 features?  Maybe Greenplum has someone?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun