Re: Encoding problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Pantelis Natsiavas
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thank you Markus. It is unbelievable! I 've lost two days breaking my head over encodings, and the solution was the double quotes!

Thank you all for bothering,
Pantelis

Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> wrote:
Hi, Pantelis,

Pantelis Natsiavas wrote:

> The problem is, that I cannot make a SELECT query through the pgadmin
> tool or the JDBC, using the same greek characters!

Have you tried quoting the table names in double quotes? Like in:

SELECT * FROM "myGreekTable";

Quoted identifiers are a source of trouble in SQL databases...

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.