Re: UTF8 Vs Latin9 and valid encoding. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Marcelo .
Subject Re: UTF8 Vs Latin9 and valid encoding.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
When I execute   show client_encoding;
I get UNICODE.

However, up to know I was using pgAdmin III Query and
EMS... you gave me the idea to use psql, where I
noticed something interesting:

\encoding
UTF8

show client_encoding;
UTF8

So this seems to be OK..
However when I type áéíóúñ on screen I see ßØ«·±
Why would this be?

Thanks again