Re: - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 12:44:28PM -0400, Sumeet wrote:
> me at all. Also i tried the explain analyze and what i found was the query
> execution plan keeps on changes. Is there any better way to gain control

My bet is that you don't have enough sample data to support a
consistent query plan.  SET STATISTICS might be what you need.

> parameters but dint really help. Also can somebody point me out to links
> which explains more about query execution plans..i.e. each of parameters
> like bitmap heap scan, index scan....etc...

On [mumble techdocs I think] there's a tutorial called EXPLAIN
explained.  Google will help you -- just use that title, with maybe
"postgresql" tacked onto your search string.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.    --Roger Brinner