Re: [GENERAL] Shared Objects (Dynamic loading) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Shared Objects (Dynamic loading)
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 03:26:55PM -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Do I include this Version 1 syntax in the .pgc file or C file that i get
> after doing ECPG to the .pgc file?

You shouldn't modify the .c file that ecpg generates; the .pgc file
is the source code.  However, as Martijn and I have pointed out,
you should probably be using SPI instead of ECPG.  And as Tom and
I have mentioned, you probably shouldn't be using C at all because
everything you've said you're doing would be easier in other languages
like PL/pgSQL and PL/Perl.

--
Michael Fuhr