Re: autovacuum causing numerous regression-test failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: autovacuum causing numerous regression-test failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I think we shall have to reconsider that patch to turn it on by
> default. So far I've seen two categories of failure:

So we turn autovacuum off for regression test instance.

> * manual ANALYZE issued by regression tests fails because autovac is
> analyzing the same table concurrently.

Or we put manual exceptions for the affected tables into pg_autovacuum.

> * contrib tests fail in their repeated drop/create database
> operations because autovac is connected to that database.  (pl tests
> presumably have same issue.)

I opine that when a database is to be dropped, the connections should be
cut.

--
Peter Eisentraut