Re: Some more profiling hotspots - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From j.random.programmer
Subject Re: Some more profiling hotspots
Date
Re: Some more profiling hotspots  (till toenges <tt@kyon.de>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Oliver:

> j.random.programmer wrote:
> > As per my previous email, the biggest JDBC driver
> > bottleneck is in:

Just some  PreparedStatements to get data from the
databa,
run under JProfiler. JProfiler really rocks (I have no
financial interest
in the company, just a very satisfied user, its waaay
better than
JProbe/OptimizeIt used to be, many years ago).

At the core, the code simply uses connections are
pooled. I
consistently get very high usage, via new string
creation in the:

    org.postgresql.core.Encoding.decode

method.

If you don't have JProfiler yourself, I'd be happy to
profile any other
code you want to send my way.

Of course, I should try to grok the driver code and
post a patch but
that's probably beyond my ability...     :-)

Best regards,
--j