Re: to get DD-MM-YYYY format of data - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: to get DD-MM-YYYY format of data
Date
List pgsql-sql
Penchalaiah P. wrote:

> I am using date is data type to one of the field in my table....but when
> ever I am passing values to that field it is taking yyy-mm-dd format..
>
> But I don't want like that .. I need like this DD-MM-YYYY.. for this wt
> I have to do...

Read the documentation on the "DateStyle" parameter, noticing that it
controls two things at once, input and output of dates.

You may also use to_char() or extract() to format the date manually
without messing with the configuration.