Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Postgresq 8,1 hangs when running function
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 02:31:37PM +0100, ben sewell wrote:
> ok now I seem to be getting somewhere, inputting stuff into my function and
> now it's saying returned record type does not match expected record type,
> even thorugh I give the types of the fields in the query.  Any ideas? I've
> checked the fields I am expecting to be returned against what they are
> stored as in the DB and there are nothing different.

The column list in the query you posted doesn't match the column
list being returned from the function: the query is missing
provider_company between plangroup and policy_number.

Comparing column lists might be easier and less error-prone if you
align them vertically, one column per line.  Then you could view
the function's query and the calling query side-by-side and quickly
observe whether they match or not.

--
Michael Fuhr