Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kenji Morishige
Subject Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks Arjen for your reply, this is definitely something to consider. I
think in our case, we are not too concerned with the tech image as much as if
the machine will allow us to scale the loads we need. I'm not sure if we
should worry so much about the IO bandwidth as we are not even close to
saturating 320MB/s.  I think stability, reliability, and ease-of-use and
recovery is our main concern at the moment.  I currently am runing a load
average of about .5 on a dual Xeon 3.06Ghz P4 setup.  How much CPU
performance improvement do you think the new woodcrest cpus are over these?

-Kenji