Re: REFERENCE problem with parent_table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: REFERENCE problem with parent_table
Date
List pgsql-general
> I need many tables of type "id" and "name", see below:
> /      CREATE TABLE id_names (
>       id            smallint        CONSTRAINT the_id PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
>       name        text            CONSTRAINT the_name UNIQUE
>     ) WITH OIDS;/
> therefore I created these tables with the "LIKE" operator, see below:
> /    CREATE TABLE like_id_1( LIKE id_names INCLUDING DEFAULTS ) WITH OIDS;
>     CREATE TABLE like_id_2 ( LIKE id_names INCLUDING DEFAULTS ) WITH OIDS;

it looks like the syntax here is a little off from what is defined by:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-createtable.html

CREATE TABLE like_id_1 ( id    smallint like id_names,
                         name  text     like id_name ) with oids ;

Regards,

Richard Broersma jr.