Re: Connection string - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: Connection string
Date
Re: Connection string  ("Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
> Postgres is not installed in the client computer.
> When i try to connect to the postgres db from the computer in which postgres
> is installed, it goes through. No hassles in that.
> Problem comes up when I'm trying to connect to the same database from a
> different computer in which no postgres is installed.

If you try installing a seperate installation of pgadmin 3 on the client computer to test remote
with your postgresql server could help you determine where your problem is.

Also, it sounds like you might still have problems in your pg_hba.conf, or postgresql.conf files.

I can't remember if you've already posted them but maybe it would hurt to post them again.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.